06 Mar Electrical Mechanical Technician #2011
As the Electrical Mechanical Technician you will be required to read, understand and interpret schematics, ladder drawings, technical specifications and manufacturers’ manuals related to repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical and control equipment. Installs, maintain, repair and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems including but not limited to: all current and future production equipment, PLC’s, VFD’s, electrical motors, motor controls, electromechanical, hydraulic as needed. Perform preventative maintenance. Provide electrical expertise including technical review of in-house modifications, additions and major repairs. Perform repairs and complete general normal installations.
High School Diploma or GED
5 Years of experience in the field or equivalent trade school or apprenticeship
Valid NYS Driver License
- Must have the ability to interpret schematic drawings (to component level) of pneumatic loops, hardware relay logic diagrams, PLC control programs, motor control circuit diagrams, etc. Must have the ability to associate circuit symbols with actual components to include solid state electronics (transistors, integrated chips, resisters, capacitors, etc.) and common industrial hardware (relays, contractors, starters, etc.)
- Must possess strong operational characteristics of understanding and working with mechanical and electrical equipment and components
- Must possess ability to use advance methods, techniques, materials, equipment, and tools used in installing electrical wiring, control devices and mechanical equipment
- Must possess ability to use advanced principals of pneumatic controls, electrical installation, maintenance, operation, testing and repair
- Must be able to install electrical conduit of the various trade size (pvc, emt, rigid)
- Must be able to work independently in the absence of ongoing supervision
- Must have flexibility to transition to and from different priorities of work projects and tasks, with minimal notice
- Basic computer skills for data entry and utilizing reports are required
JM Murray offers a comprehensive package of benefits include: paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, 401k with company contribution, health and dental insurance with additional voluntary insurance benefits.