22 Jan Associate Director for Self – Direct Services # 2116
The Associate Director of Self –Direct Services will promote, develop and oversee all aspects of Self-Direction Services through the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities. Oversee the delivery of service, supervision of staff and compliance with OPWDD regulations. This position is responsible for service delivery both in local communities and across New York State
This role will provide leadership to the Self – Direction team, effectively managing the delivery of services. Ensure effective and timely communications to families, individuals served, Support Brokers and Project Leaders. Providing outstanding service for our families and individuals; including ensuring documentation is receive budgets are approved and service commence a in a time and manner. Responsible for monthly billing for all services provided to be submitted with an established time frame. SUPERVISION: This position directly supervises the Project Leaders, in addition to providing guidance to the consumer hired employees and Support Brokers.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills to manage service delivery among large numbers of employees and in multiple regions throughout New York State
- Excellent written communication skills
- Efficient use of technology and software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Databases
- Highly organized, attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Flexibility to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and needs of individuals served
- Valid NYS Driver’s License that meets Company standards with proof of NYS Insurance coverage requirement
- Must have clearance through a Background Check process that will include, but is not limited to, clearance through the NYS Justice Center, the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities, (OPWDD), the NYS Office of Child and Family Services, and the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles.
Education: Bachelors Degree in human services, psychology or related field preferred;
Must have 3-5 years of experience in coordinating services for individuals with disabilities and 3-5 years of experience in supervisory/management roles;
Associate’s degree and significant experience in similar position may be considered in lieu of education requirement.